By Umer Raza
A usual way of comforting our self for doing a job, a work or taking any odd assignment that does not fall under purview of our objectives, is to give the reason that “After all I have to run the Kitchen”.
You might have heard such an argument that i need as much money to keep the kitchen running and then I would look to fancy around and do what I like most. OR I do this kind of work (that does not come closer to the learning/passion/interest of the person) just to keep the kitchen running. OR I need such and such amount at least every month to keep the kitchen running.
All such things come as a surprise. Why? Because it is a strange responsibility that we have taken on our shoulders. Running the kitchen and keep it running is not our responsibility.
“And there is not a thing but its (sources and) treasures (inexhaustible) are with Us; but We only send down thereof in due and ascertainable measures.” [Hijr 15:21]
This would be the worst kind of myth that most of us are caught in. Running the kitchen. What is the first thing that comes to mind when we say running the kitchen.
The one thing is that it means that our family may not have any issues in their day to day affairs, the three meals, the normal working of the house, the routine life style of our beloved family is not disturbed, the shoping, the visits to the restaurants, the outings for any larger family affairs should not stop. In short TOUCH me not and let me continue with the life style I have adopted and then I would do what ever is my passion, my life purpose, my inner dream or that what I thought I will always do with my life. Well! It is like wanting to reach at top of mountain Everest, without leaving house.
It is actually not possible that we get the best of everything without sacrificing. We need to give away in order to get.
“So pray to your lord and offer Sacrifice”
The fear of getting the kitchen run by ourselves is the biggest fear that stops us from leaving what we do not like. It stops us from leaving Slavery.
If someone comes in and says that I will take care of your kitchen and you do what you do and follow your dreams. What will you do? You may leave everything behind and move on to do what you liked most.
For example, a friend of mine wants to write books and papers, but because of his hectic job requirements he does not find time. And when I ask him to write, he says that I hardly get time for it as I have other more pressing things to do at work. And if I start doing what I like, I have to leave my job and who will run the kitchen then. I would like to have an X number of amount in bank and then I will have no fear of working what I like.
You can meet most of the office workers and hardly you will find any one who is happy in doing his work, because he does not love his work.
They are sad and doing their work and you will find most people answering “After all I have to run the Kitchen”. Indeed running a kitchen is not the responsibility worth the life we are here for.
Now if one does not want to explore one’s passion and dreams and love for work, then let’s see some secrets that your “Kitchen will RUN”. In the sentences below the first part is your responsibility and the second part is the responsibility of your creator.
- You do what you want to do and leave the rest. The “Kitchen will run”.
- When you do what you do best. The “Kitchen will run”.
- When you will identify the core for which you are made for. The “Kitchen will run”.
- Leave your current life style and change your current one habit per week. The “Kitchen will Run”.
- Change your attitude from GO-Getter to GO- Giver. The “kitchen will run”.
- Stop cursing your current employer, boss, environment, leaders, government officials. The “Kitchen will run”
- Stop wasting time in activities that are not productive. The “Kitchen will run”
- Start volunteering your self and doing some work free every month or week or day. The “Kitchen will run”.
- Stop being remaining addicted to Monthly Salary. The “Kitchen will run”
- Stop hating and start loving what you are doing. The “Kitchen will run”
- If you cannot stop hating, cursing and speaking against your current employer or boss, resign and you know what your “Your Kitchen will still run”.
- If you stop pleasing the one you see and start pleasing the one you do not see. The “Kitchen will run”
- Start making yourself HIS Servant instead of making your self a servant of your boss. The “Kitchen will Run”.
This is not a promise of the author of this article but the promise of the author of Quran.
Allah Says in the Holy Quran
“Verily thy Lord does provide sustenance in abundance for whom He Pleases,
and (for some) He provides in a just measure: for He does know and
regard all His servants”